Friday, May 12, 2006

September 8th

Mood - What the...

(Note to self:
Don't let Lockhart cast ANY spells on you... Especially not ones that back-fire and remove your clothes...)

I was sort of naughty this morning... I slept in my mistake. I woke to some very loud knocking at my door. It was Minerva wondering if I was ok. She, of course, had to do that little "Don't make a habit of it, Miss Prince" speech... It was her duty after all. She asked me how I was though before leaving which was nice of her. (Glad she wasn't too angry with me.)

A student arrived so she went to teach her class while I listened to the Slytherin lad's troubles. (Being teased about his weight.) I had a class so I was hoping he would try and be a little quicker than what he was, but no matter... He eventually stopped talking and I was able to get ready. (I threw on a white outfit. White blouse that fans out at the bottom. You know... like a fishtail skirt... only a blouse, haha.) and a white skirt with ribbon going around the middle of it with for bows. I haven't worn all white for ages, so it was a nice change.

I picked up my diary that I'd left by my bed last night and was just about to put it in my drawer and lock it safely away when the photo Gilderoy had given me dropped out and floated to the ground. I picked it up and smiled to myself. He DID look handsome in it though, all dressed up smart like he was. Next minute you know, I discovered something else about it... There was another photo stuck underneath it. I don't know if he had intentionally given me two, or if it was a mistake, but I decided to look anyway.

Let me just say my face must have been a VERY bright red colour at that moment in time... It was a picture of Gilderoy with a wide-brimmed wizard hat, sprawled on a couch... Naked!!! I gasped rather loudly, of course... But, my goodness, he did look rather good. Tee hee!

I must have stood there a good 15 minutes staring at the picture... I couldn't help it! It wasn't every day you get to see Gilderoy 'I'm-so-unattainable' Lockhart in his birthday suit is it?

Anyways, I finally regained my composure, put the photos back in my diary and exited my room... I had a huge grin and red cheeks all the way down to Lockhart's class. All the students I passed found it rather strange I think... They set about whispering to each other.

Knocked politely on the door (As class had no doubt started by that point.) and peeked my head rather awkwardly around the corner as Lockhart said 'Come in'. He saw my head peering round the door and raised his eyebrows and smirked saying "Ah, Miss Prince! Good of you to join us... Finally." The sarcastic toe rag, him! All the students whirled around and stared at me. So I just gave him a playful evil eye and walked in. I don't think he is used to seeing me in white. He stood staring at me for ages in silence. I think the students were a bit worried, haha! He finally managed to spit out a few words and I sat quietly at the back in the corner. He was like "R-r-right, w-well... Er, yes. Er..." One of the students must have got a bit fed up of waiting and reminded him where they were.

The class was quite fun. We were studying some interesting creatures... Unfortunately didn't get to handle any or see them in real life, but he made it rather interesting. Even if he DID talk about himself a lot during it... Oh, and kept staring at me all the sodding while. (Now the students will DEFINITELY have things to gossip about.)

Eventually it was time for me to try out the teaching assistant bit, so I stood up and made my way to the front greeted by My 'Smiley' as he grabbed me by my shoulders from behind. (I was still blushing about the picture and I was now even redder by that point. I wonder if he meant to give me that pic, or was it perhaps a very bad mistake? Regardless... WHEW! Hot...!) He was all "Miss Prince here is going to be my teaching assistant, so be nice to her...", then he rubbed his cheek against mine in one of those subtle ways that people watching can hardly notice. One of the students whispered to his friend sat next to him "I bet that's not all she's going to do." Lockhart heard it, frowned (Doesn't he know it causes wrinkles? Hehe.) and aimed his wand at the boy saying "I've warned you before Herrod Fawnsworth... One more outburst like that and I'll silence your mouth!" I leaned in towards his face a little and whispered out the corner of my mouth, asking what he'd said or done before. Apparently the little sod had been saying stuff about me and him all morning. (I know now why the rules say to keep it all from students eyes... Even though there's nothing going on.)

My first role as assistant was do demonstrate a technique. This one was how to defend yourself by using sound alone, so I had to wear a blindfold. He took the purple velvet blindfold (Purple! AGAIN!) and slowly wrapped it around my eyes telling me that I had nothing to fear. I was quite nervous, but I knew nothing bad would happen... Well, at least I HOPED it wouldn't... I'd heard how clumsy he is at times. He then told the class that he would be casting a spell that would make some projectiles fly around the room and I would have to defend myself using only my ears as guides. He handed me my wand and brushed his face next to mine again saying "Good luck" in the softest voice imaginable. I then heard him take a few steps back and warn the class to keep as low to their desks as they could... Then he uttered some words and I heard a 'fzzzap' noise... Then the students erupting in laughter for some odd and unknown reason. I heard Gilderoy gasp rather loudly and say "Oh... good lord." By then, as you no doubt could have guessed, I was quite worried so I removed the blindfold and asked what was so funny... Only to find myself in my underwear!

Oh jeeze, how embarrassing! First the photo, now this! I shrieked rather loudly and tried to cover up. I turned to face you-know-who, who was covering his mouth and trying rather unsuccessfully to avert his eyes. The students were all still laughing and some (The little pervs) were wolf whistling at me!

Lockhart, red as heck, stammered "Er... er er.... C-class d-dismissed! I-I'll have to s-sort this out."

As the students stood up from their desks still roaring with laughter at my expense that troublemaker turned around and wiggled his eyebrows saying "I'm sure you'll sort this out sir, hehe." Gilderoy frowned and waved his wand at him... It didn't have the desired effect. It didn't silence the boy, instead it created a swarm of strange flies that attacked the students by buzzing at them and chasing them out the room.

Gilderoy had flung one of his capes over me by that point and was back to holding me by the shoulders. I leaned my head backwards and told him what fine work he had done in a sarcastic way and he gave me the evil eye. So... I said that it wasn't all that bad, after all we were even. I think I confused him and he asked how we were even and what over. So I said that he had seen me in my underwear and I... Had seen him naked. His eyes widened and an eyebrow slowly raised. He was like "I beg y-your p-pardon... S-sorry?" I told him about the photo and he blushed... a lot. He smiled at me nervously, so I winked at him and said "Nice hat by the way." Hehe, oohh I'm evil. He blushed redder and wrapped his arms around me tighter shifting his weight from one foot to the other somewhat nervously.

I love to watch him squirm, its so funny...

He said sorry for the whole clothes thing and so he kindly let me borrow the cape for a while while he walked me back to my room. When we got there Snape was walking past and gave us an odd look. (Well, I guess it was expected, I mean... I was half naked with one of Gilderoy's capes draped over me and Lockhart had his arm around my shoulders keeping it held in place.) Mr 'Mishaps-united' just smiled at him in that absent minded way and helped me unlock the door to my room. Snape quickly asked us if we remembered that there was a celebration/ball thing being held for the seniors later that night. I was like "YOU WHAT?!" I hadn't heard ANYTHING about any god damned ball. It was news to me. I was quite flustered... Gilderoy knew I think, but I guess he viewed it as payback for my 'hat' comment. Why wasn't I informed!? Snape walked off with a look of thunder spread across his face muttering something about insects while I asked Gilderoy when this ball was decided upon and why I wasn't told. He just shrugged and said it was arranged before I arrived. Great... I didn't have long to get ready did I?

We entered my and I headed to my drawers to find a new outfit to wear. He said "Its a good job its dinner break eh?" I just laughed and held up a couple of clothes to see if he liked them. He insisted he picked my outfit and decided to root through my drawers himself. He found something I hadn't worn in ages and gave me it. It was virtually identical to what he was wearing! (How ironic is that?) He grinned and told me that's what he had chosen, so I raised an eyebrow playfully and handed the cape back... forgetting about my half undressed state. Oops! He was like "Oh... oh my goodness!" and turned his head. Silly me! I ran behind the curtain that was by my bed and changed. I could hear him looking through a few more of my clothes and he told me he liked them.

He went quiet for a while though... I don't know if he'd found my underwear or something, haha! I finished getting dressed and peeked round the curtain to see him quickly putting something back in my drawer and turning around with an oddly expressionless face. OK, what was wrong? What had he seen? Was there some dirty laundry mixed in with the clean or something? Did he find a photo of my brother and think he was a boyfriend or something? Heck... Something sure had him a little zapped. He managed the faintest of smiles when he saw my outfit, but told me he had to go and get his things sorted for the celebration. He walked off and shut the door behind him leaving me all worried!

What had I done?

I was rather distant during dinner break and when some students came to visit me with ball related problems I was rather distant as well. I wasn't much help at all. Minerva knocked on my door a little later on holding some sort of package in her arms saying "Surprise!" (Unusually chirpy for her I must say. Must be exited.) She told me that the professors wanted to surprise me and she had ordered a few gowns and some might fit me. I don't know how she could possibly know my size, but never mind. She layed a box down on my bed and pulled 3 beautiful gowns from inside it and layed them next to it. They were simply stunning. A navy one with black feathers around the neck, a pale pink one with a corset waist and a white one with netting around the waist line and a square neck. Naturally I chose the white one. I don't like pink and the other wasn't really my style. Minerva was like "Oooh, good choice dear!" and asked if there was any reason I looked like Lockhart. Haha! I told her what happened and she tutted and shook her head. I thanked her for the beautiful dress and so she left me to it. It took me ages to get ready, I had to call in a passing student to help me lace the back of my dress up. Haha!

Anyway. I was finally ready. It was such short notice my head was spinning. I didn't know if I was coming or going... There I was one minute virtually naked being laughed at my students, the next I was dressed in a pure white ball gown replete with white lace gloves ready to attend a bloody ball! This place is crazy!!!

Anyways... It is getting quite late now and I'm tired. The clock tells me its late anyway. I'll tell you more about the ball tomorrow when I wake up. Boy I have a lot to say!!! Weeeeee!!!

Good night!

No comments: