Sunday, May 07, 2006

September 3rd

Mood - Perky

(Note to self:
Find safe place for diary.)

Well, my first day of advising went well. (Yesterday) Not many visited my office at all which surprised me. No doubt its due to one of 2 reasons.

  1. The students are getting on ok.
  2. They aren't sure what to make of me yet and so don't feel right in coming to see me.

I hope its not the latter, as I want them to feel comfortable around me. Its what I'm here for after all.

Lockhart poked his head round the corner of my door at about dinner time (This is still yesterday by the way, I'll tell you about today soon.) asking if I wanted to share these odd lilac cupcakes with him. I was a little wary at first, but was relieved when I found out it was just lavender sugar on the top and wasn't laced with love potion... or that stuff that makes you grow fur on your eyeballs. (I've been warned about practical jokes you see. The furry eyeballs one is currently doing the rounds at the moment apparently.)

Got chatting about this and that during the dinner break. Wasn't too keen on the fact that he sat on my desk crunching up my papers, and not to mention this diary. He even picked it up at one point. I should really find a safe place to keep this thing. God forbid it should fall into the wrong hands... So much blackmail material.

Regardless of how irritating the fact that he was crumpling my work up I was still utterly enthralled, haha! He began to tell me about his fascination with starting a range of hair care products, when a student entered the room shyly. (Damn it! Interruptions, interruptions...) The poor lad didn't half look worried, yet he looked even more worried when he saw Gilderoy sat on my desk, leaning over to me in a very flirtacious manner. (Which, no doubt, will spark some foul rumors.)

Lockhart said his g'byes and swaggered merrily out of my office and the lad (Who kept looking at him oddly as he walked out.) slowly walked up to my desk. Ebbe O'Kennedy... a Hufflepuff. (Typical eh?) Turns out he was being picked on by a group of Slytherins about his hair or something. Poor thing, I feel so sorry for him.

Not much followed, just 2 Ravenclaw girls and a Gryffindor with severe acne. It seemed to be what might be classed as an 'ordinary day'.

Today started very well. I woke up to the sun blazing through my windows. Had breakfast with Minerva, which was nice. Me and her seem to be getting on just fine. (Yay!)

Went back to my office to start the days work and around half an hour later came a knock at my door. It was Snape asking me to cover for him while he went off to scold some first years about touching his precious potions. He stood there, leaning against the door frame with a sly grin on his face! He doesn't half enjoy it, I'm sure. So, yes... Had my first sub-job! It isn't half hard teaching a group of Slytherins, let me tell you. Half the time I was having to dodge paper bombs. But, thankfully Snape came back just in time and gave them all an amazing ear full. He thanked me for taking over and explained that the first years had pulled their first hairy eyeball prank, haha.

Went back to my office only to be greeted by Mr 'So-handsome-it-hurts' again who asked if I wanted to spend dinner break with him. (God knows why... I wonder if he's this nice to everyone...) So here I am. Writing this while it chucks it down with rain outside. I knew that the sun wouldn't last long... Bloody weather. Going to meet him soon... No doubt he wants me to sub for him, that's why he wants to eat together... Buttering me up, haha!

No comments: