Saturday, May 06, 2006

September 2nd

Mood - Shattered, but generally happy.

(Note to self:
Stairs move. Don't grab hold of potion master if one is inclined to bouts of falling.)

Phew, wow. Well that was certainly a night to remember! I've never seen so much food in one room before in my life...

Yes, they hosted the dinner thing as they said they would in the great hall. It is massive! Its wonderful, what with its enchanted ceiling and all.

I decided to wear my black clothes. However, the top was slightly tighter than I remembered it being so I spent most of the time trying to find a way of hiding my chest. Haha. Also wore some black trousers, which were also rather tight. (Its a wonder my clothes don't split!) Wore that cloak I was given too. Deep crimson with a lovely gold thing to tie it around the neck.

Walked in a little later than planned... (Lets just say I had a mishap with ink and a cake.)

The headmaster (Great man. Has an unusual sense of humor.) thought it would a be a brilliant idea if he told everyone to hush and introduced me to everyone as I was walking up the middle of the room! It was sooo embarrassing. My face must have been redder than a tomato!

I was invited to the head table (looks as if I get a spot there! Hurray, I feel so loved...) to meet all the professors and whatnot. Shook hands with the headmaster, then Pomona Sprout. Said hello to a resident ghost... Nearly Headless Nick I believe... what a hoot! I finally met Snape too. He doesn't seem all that bad to me... he gave a slight smile and shook my hand, so I'm not too worried. Greeted Minerva McGonagall. (She is cool, I hope we can be friends.) Finally greeted the DADA (defense Against the Dark Arts) teacher who is also new... I can't believe its Gilderoy Lockhart! I shall have to resist swooning every time I see him... But, its a pity that I've been put next to him at the table. How am I going to eat now?

The food was excellent. (What I ate of it, bloody nerves.) There was all sorts of things to eat and I'm sure one of the students made himself sick by over eating and had to dash rather quickly to the toilet. Poor lad.

Got talking to Mr 'Oh-my-gosh-I'm-far-too-handsome-for-my-own-good'. He was telling me about the time he vanquished some foul creature. I bet it was an ant on his carpet or something, haha! I really tried not to be all fan-girlie, but I don't really know if I succeeded or not. He kept grinning at me damn it! I'm not so great around folks I 'like', I tend to giggle a lot. I think last night was no exception, as from time to time Snape would poke his head over the table to look at me. There was one instance when the room fell silent and I giggled really loudly. I couldn't help it! Gilderoy said something funny! (Something about waking up one morning with socks in his mouth or something, I don't know. I was too woozy to remember correctly.) Needless to say, the teachers AND the students fixed their puzzled gazes on me instantly which caused me to get the hiccups. So... in my usual style, I slid slowly down into my seat in a highly red-faced manner.

It wasn't all hiccups and embarrassing moments... Oh no. I was also asked if I wanted to be a substitute teacher as well. If any teacher needs a day off or has other issues to deal with, I'm going to be taking their classes! Its such an honor!

Was finally dismissed and so we headed back to our rooms. Snape was heading in the same direction, so I thought it only proper to make conversation. All he said was "Nice cloak". Can you believe it? There I was blabbering on about the weather and the price of fish and all he could say was 'nice cloak'.

Finally got to sleep at gone 2AM, so I am very very tired. Had to wake up at 4AM ready for my first day of advising, haha. Going to grab breakfast soon. I might have pasta, because I'm odd like that.
Hope today goes well and I don't have anymore highly embarrassing escapades.

No comments: