Monday, May 08, 2006

September 4th

4th4thMood - Feeling strange

(Note to self:
Try not to embed beans in students eyes.)

I met Gilderoy for lunch as I said I would. I was surprised to find out that there was no hidden agenda behind it either. He didn't want me to substitute. (Well, if he did he never asked.) I don't know, maybe he just wanted some company like I do from time to time. Hogwarts is so big you are alone for quite a while now and then.

I had this odd meat in an even odder sauce. It wasn't that nice... It tasted like someone had blended Bertie Botts every flavour beans up with tomato sauce, black bean sauce and extra sugar, haha. I ate it all regardless, as I thought it would be impolite to leave it.

He (Note the italics to imply a hint of sarcasm, haha.) had this purple soup stuff that smelled of cherry cola mixed with chili powder. What is it with him and purple anyhow?

Got talking about this and that, you know... the usual jargon that most normal people talk about over a meal. He told me about another monster he busted. I noticed though that he seemed to be avoiding eye contact. I was starting to wonder if I had a spot on my nose or if I had a herb stuck to my tooth or something, haha. But, when he DID look at me he seemed to find it hard not to smirk.

We had some fun too... Catapulting these weird bean-like things across the table at each other pretending we were playing Quidditch or something. There was one time when a bean flew past Gilderoy's head and nearly hit a passing student in they eye.

Then I had the great idea of a staring contest. (Don't ask how we got into these games. Who'da thunk it eh?) Well, since he was having 'eye contact' trouble, I decided to take matters into my own hands, hehe. He coughed into his hand and agreed rather nervously... Although he tried to hide it in smile form as per usual. So there we were... Shoulders hunched and the most intense expressions on our faces as we stared at each other. If I wasn't mistaken, I believe he began to blush. (Oh my!)

Now... Remember how I said he couldn't look me in the eye without smiling? Haha! Well, about 20 seconds into our match a huge grin slowly crawled its way across his face. I about creased myself with laughter and so he naturally assumed he had won even though I only laughed and didn't blink. Needless to say I protested rather amazingly. He was all: "Oh, no no no no. I won!" while trying not to look at me and so I was all: "Cheat! Cheeeaaat!" So do you know what the git did? He flicked a bean at me! The nerve! Haha. (Of course, I just HAD to retort...)

After dinner break he was kind enough to walk me back to my office. (I can sort of forgive him for the staring thing now I guess... Maybe.) He swished his robes around a bit and ran his hand through his hair. (Which, by the way, I still shiver over whenever I think about it. God damn it, he's hot... Er... No, I hate him. Honest! Haha...)

I unlocked my door and waved bye, only to get my hand snatched and kissed. Gosh, he's such a gentleman, even if he DOESN'T know the meaning of modesty. I blushed rather amazingly as you can no doubt guess... I think he found it HIGHLY amusing and was grinning as he walked off back to his office.

Felt a little giddy after that, so I had to sit down for a bit. I've been trying to reassure myself that he is like that with every female and I'm NOT the only one who receives that treatment. Its the only thing that's stopping be from divulging in hot fantasies, haha. (Not to mention keeping me sane.)

A short while after, a young Slytherin entered my room. (A welcome distraction.) I think she wondered why my face was so red. Mind you, I think it was so red and was radiating that much heat that I steamed the windows up.

Not much else to report I'm afraid for yesterday.

Today I woke up with a craving for that meal, even though it wasn't very nice, haha.

A couple of Ravenclaw's came to see me in the morning about being picked on by a lad called Draco Malfoy or something... Then a Gryffindor about the same thing.

Minerva poked her head around the corner of my door about late morning. (I usually keep my office door open for some reason... Unless a student is in my office of course.) She asked me how I was. To be honest, things have been so odd lately that I haven't had time to actually figure out how I'm feeling. When she asked me though, it dawned on me how homesick I really am. I miss my Mother and my Brother mostly, as they have always been around wherever I go.

We got talking about any important issues raised by the students. (I guess it was like a report or something.) She filled me in on who Draco Malfoy is, nasty lil blighter he sounds. One of Professor Snape's star pupils apparently. Don't know what he sees in him I'm sure.

It was around dinner break by the time we had finished with the student issues. I had a funny feeling a certain person was going to show up, but surprisingly it was Snape who walked through my door and not Lockhart. He walked up to my desk and smirked. Minerva didn't half give us some funny looks as she exited the room. (What could she be thinking? Ew, no! Second thoughts, I don't want to know.) Anyway, Snape x Me issues aside for now... He asked me if we could chat. I gave him an odd look, as I figured that was what we were doing right at that moment.

He smirked again ad told me that; "Lockhart can't teach his class today, would you be able to do it?"

SHOCK! HORROR! I was fairly worried. It wasn't like him. So, I asked why. You are never going to believe it, but he got pranked! Some lil blighter had slipped some of that hairy eye potion into his firewhiskey or something. He was in the hospital anyway, apparently under observation.

Snape, the toe-rag, was enjoying every minute of telling me about his predicament. I just gave him a playful evil eye and told him he was a fiend for laughing.

He exited the room and as soon as he had, in slipped a Gryffindor girl. Patience Hayes I believe her name was. She's a fourth year and has an unusual problem... She seems to be stalking another Gryffindor. His name is Ron Weasley I think she said. Well, I tried to help her out by telling her to keep her mind occupied with other things rather than him. I hope she stops, I bet he's freaking out! Haha! I'll have to keep my eye on her.

Well, had to teach Gilderoy's class. Hard work, since I'm not too bright on the subject really. Most of the time I was having to ask them where they left off. Some of the things they came out with were obviously fake, but I figured I'd let them off for a change.

Later that day I visited poor Gilderoy in the hospital wing. He was flailing his limbs around all distraught, saying how his beautiful face was ruined and that he hoped it wore off soon.

I walked up to the bed with my flower I had picked for him and the nurse (kind lady) fetched a vase for it. (Not that he could see it. Silly me...) I placed my hand on his and he slightly flinched and asked if it was me. (Lord knows why I sprang instantly to his mind.) I said it was and he tried to hide his eyes. (And I tried to hide my giggles...) I was polite and told him it wasn't all as bad as he thought... Big mistake. He only started combing them and asking if there could be a good marketing opportunity in eye-hair care products!

After a while I said my goodbyes and placed a kiss on his hand. (Figured he wasn't going to keep it up in his condition, so I had better do it for him, haha!) Walked back to my room and waited out the next few hours watching the sun set over the hills in the distance.

Nothing much to report, but I'm going to bed. Going to wake up extra early to see if he is any better.

Eye-hair care... Silly man...

No comments: