Wednesday, May 10, 2006

September 5th & 6th

Mood - Irritated, not to mention nervous

(Note to self:
Find a SAFER place to put this diary... And learn to lock the office door when leaving for prolonged periods of time.)

Missed out yesterday. The reason? Some little blighter stole my diary from my room while I was out visiting Mr. 'Combs-a-lot' at the hospital wing. How do I know this you ask? Well, its quite obvious really. It has licorice fingerprints all over the first few pages. I hate licorice, so I know it was nabbed. One other reason was the fact it wasn't in my draw when I got back, but it was in it this morning when I woke up.

When I find out who it was they are in big trouble. I've already had a bunch of Slytherin's giggling at me, so I know it must have been one of them. Its only a matter of time... They can't ALL like licorice...

No doubt the reason why they have been giggling is because of all the Lockhart related stuff I've written. They have over active imaginations I say and not to mention too much spare time on their hands. I might suggest extra classes to the Headmaster. Extended hours means less time for them to mull things over and draw daft conclusions, not to mention less time to prank.

Which brings me to my next issue. Poor Gilderoy was no better when I went to visit him yesterday morning. But, I must say... the hair on his eyes were full of body and shine. Haha! He had even given them a parting in the middle. I about cracked up when I saw him.

Sat with him for about an hour or so. I think he enjoyed the company. When I had to leave a group of students that were being taught by him came to see him too before their classes started which I thought was nice. They had made him a get well soon card and had got it signed by virtually all of their class mates. I didn't like it when one of them leaned over and whispered "Hurry up and get better! Miss Prince is useless at teaching." I don't know what they mean... Haha! Its not my fault I'm crap at it. Snape really should have asked someone else. It seemed to amuse Lockhart slightly at least, which is good.

Got back to my office right on time to start my morning advising shift. Saw 3 Hufflepuff's, a Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw all complaining about Draco Malfoy. (Problems eem to be on the increase suddenly. I might have to have a chat with Snape about his 'precious pupil'.)

Dinner break came around surprisingly fast... Decided to be all nice and go spend it in the hospital wing. I don't know HOW he did it, but he was able to flick a bean at me and hit me between the eyes. Crack shot even with haired up eyes!

The hospital wing was actually fairly deserted. I think the nurse went for dinner while Gilderoy ate his. Well, its not exactly a serious injury or something, so it is forgivable that she left him, lol. But, knowing him he'd probably jam a fork in his face or something if left alone too long.

He could tell no one was around and he started talking about family. Its strange, because he never talks about anything like that normally. To anyone! Well, I say he began to talk, he asked me about mine mostly. I told him about my mother and father and how they got divorced when I was young and about my half-blood brother and sister. He asked if I was married, so I told him I wasn't. Didn't quite like the sly grin he gave me when I said that though...

Talking about my family made me homesick again. I miss them lots... I think he could tell, as I went awfully quiet on him. He gave me a reassuring pat on the shoulder. (Shame he missed first off and gave me a pat somewhere else... How red he went. Hah!) It actually made me feel better...

Went back to my office after dinner break ended and spoke to the nurse as we passed in the corridor. She says he should be fine by tomorrow. (Tomorrow being today. The 10th.) I hope so...

When I got into my office my diary was gone out the draw. I didn't really have time to scream bloody murder at that moment, so I figured I would save it for later. Had a change of clothes, as I had the last set thoroughly beaned upon courtesy of 'you know who'.

Headed off to 'Sir Beans-r-us' class ready to teach again. Or not to as the case may have been. Which it was, by the way...

After that I saw 3 more students, had tea etc and then went to bed... Diary-less and throughly miffed I can tell you.

Woke up this morning to find it had magically re-appeared in the draw. Examined it with a fine tooth comb, as it were and was happy to see it hadn't had pages ripped out or had been written in or something. However, I felt insecure that it had been read. Too... much blackmail material.

Exited my room and went for breakfast, only to be giggled at by a group of Slytherin yobs. Where is Snape when you need him, huh? I'll tell you where... Stuffing his face with pickled frogs eyes, that's where! I ignored the onslaught of laughter as best as I could and decided I would enjoy my breakfast regardless.

Snape came and sat next to me chewing the remnants of his pickled frogs eye stew (Ick.) and picking at his teeth. He said that the Headmaster had asked him to tell me he thought it might be a good idea if I take a couple of classes myself just in case I'm needed. It sounds all well and good, but WHAT!? ME!? In a CLASS!? Ohh, the humanity! (Or something like that anyway...)

Minerva passed by on the way to where ever she was heading and shot us an odd look, then a smirk. Oh god, she's doing it again. I think Snape started to realize what she had been implying too and just raised an eyebrow. (I hope he doesn't start getting ideas himself. Its bad enough having rumors circulating about me and Lockhart, let alone him as well!) Then a group of Snape's students waltzed by laughing and pointing at us both. It really didn't help that I was wearing all black... They were all. "Oh look, twins!" or something to that effect. Snape, thank god, had decided enough was enough and chased them out the hall looking like a mad man. He doesn't take kindly to mockery obviously.

Got back to my office. (I still didn't remember to lock it, haha!) Stepped inside and shut the door only to be greeted by the most unusual smell. It was like a mix between lavender, mint, eucalyptus and thyme. I stood there sniffing at it for a while with a rather puzzled look on my face and then had the shock of my life when a voice came from behind me saying "Did you miss me?"

I about leaped out my skin, I tell you! The sound I made was quite funny though. Sounded like a goose, haha! I turned around to see Gilderoy stood to the side of the door dressed in his lilac robes. (How I failed to see him I have NO idea.) He was leaning against a bookcase with the hugest grin spread across his face I've ever seen. It was almost playful.

I was so happy he was better. (And not to mention relieved knowing I wouldn't have to sub for him, haha.) He thanked me for the flower I picked for him, which he was fiddling with in his hands. Heck, that's nothing. I could understand the gratitude if I had bought him a new house or something, but a flower!? The sap... Haha.

He also thanked me for being a sub for him while he was 'ill'. He even gave me a present... A signed photo, Hah! Most would be offended, but not me. I soon snapped it up. (Its going straight in this here diary!)

After placing a kiss on my hand (And me turning bright red as per usual.) he left for his class. It sprung to my mind suddenly that he would have been a bit late when he got there. Whoopsie, silly Gildy-poo. Er... Forget I wrote that.

Got a visit from Megan Kellett shortly after he left. Poor gal. I hope she starts fitting in soon. I know what its like to be ganged up on, I've had it for most of my life.

I had a few letters owled to me... One from my Mom and one from my sister, Kelly.

I haven't seen my sister in ages. She tends to keep herself to herself now she married or something. Lucky so-and-so, why can't I be married?! Ugh, I better stop turning green now hadn't I?

But, seriously. I would just love to settle down some day and raise a family. I have wanted children for such a long time now... I get so envious when I see the people I know with their babies all cute and pink and big-eyed. Why can't anything like that happen to me? I just know I'm going to end up being the token crazy old lady with a billion cats and a green moth-eaten sofa... (Just to clarify. My sister doesn't have kids, I was just making a statement. She says she doesn't like them and never wants to have a child... ever! I think she's nuts myself...)

My Mom's letter was just telling me about how she was. She injured her knee recently... I hope she remembers to use the knee repair spell instead of just leaving it.

I'm just waiting for my dinner break now... I hope it comes soon, I'm starving.

OH! Gotta go, someone's at the door...

No comments: