Friday, May 05, 2006

September 1st

Mood - Exited

I found this diary lying around in my room at my house, so I decided to start using it. (Save it going to waste.)

Arrived at Hogwarts about half an hour ago to start my new job as a Student councilor. The train was fantastic. I have always loved steam trains and this one was just breath-taking. Getting to the platform was... a little tricky. (Not so good with running headlong into a wall.) I guess it just takes practice.

When I got here I was met by a couple of teachers and 3 students. It seemed like I'd arrived in the middle of a right good telling off, haha! (I just hope I didn't come across too forgiving when I laughed at what they had done.)

Anyways, the students were sent back to their rooms and told to think about what they had done, but we all know that they won't. I mean... I never did when I was at school.

I think the ones who greeted me were called Sprout and Pompous, er Pommle. Oh something like that anyway. I guess I'll find out sooner or later if I'm wrong.

There was a bunch of newbies on the train. Hurrah. (Excuse my oozing sarcasm.) Well, t'was to be expected. New term and all.

I got talking to one of them, I believe her name was Megan Kellett. She was having a hard time already, the poor thing. I have no doubts she'll be in my office very often. Something about being a muggle I believe. Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I don't see the problem. I'm a half-blood myself and I happen to hold Muggles in high regard! Sometimes know more than pure-bloods...

I was shown to my room shortly after arrival and I must say I'm impressed. Its not very big, but I don't really like big rooms. It has a nice window over-looking the grounds, a very comfy looking bed, a large desk facing the door and a large book case behind it.

I've been told there's going to be a start of term celebration tonight and I've been asked to attend. I am going to of course, but I haven't the faintest idea what to wear. I don't really specialize in pretty clothes, I tend to just wear whatever I can find. Ah well, they will just have to make do with whatever I choose to wear. Mind you, I was given a very nice robe... I might wear that.

Looking forward to meeting everyone here. I've been told to watch out for a man called Severus Snape though, the Potions master or something. Apparently he's a nasty piece of work. But, I'm not scared really, I get on with just about anyone, regardless of how viscous and evil, with lots of hidden agenda's they may be.

I think I'm going to like it here...

No comments: