Monday, July 17, 2006

November 6th to November 14th

Mood - My head hurts.

(Note to self:
Under Bed Checkery is a must.)


Things have been incredibly odd lately. Not only was my diary pilfered again, but things have been happening in the castle. Really dangerous things.

Apparently, while I was in 'petal form', Filch's cat 'Mrs Norris' was petrified. Gilderoy was telling me that there was a message on the wall written in blood. Something about some secret chamber or other. Well, it has the teachers spooked and the students can tell. I think the teachers are trying to hush it up for now, but the students aren't dumb.

I think Gilderoy is slightly worried too. He hasn't let on or said, but I can tell. After all, I make it my job to know how people feel.

In fact, he is insisting we press on about the whole wedding thing. I'm pretty freaked out by how insistent he is being, but I guess in a good way. Thing is, I am in way over my head and I daren't say anything, because I don't want it to stop. But, at the same time I'm just so scared. I have never, ever been so impulsive before in my life. I don't do things like that.

Well, anyway. He has been talking about it more and more. I think he is definitely spooked by the odd goings on and I'm wondering if he knows something I don't. He has his heart set on Christmas I think.

I still can't believe all this is happening. I feel so lucky I was even considered to work here in the first place. And the whole thing with Gilderoy? Hoo boy...

Anyway, back on the topic of the horrible events. Gilderoy did happen to mention that at the start of the school term, Harry Potter was serving detention in his office and heard some strange voice or other. Eegh. I'm quite scared now. I hate the unknown. Not only that but, the other day something terrible happened. That poor lad with the camera, Colin Creevy I believe his name was, was petrified too!

Poor, poor lad. I dread to think what else is going to happen next! I can't sleep at night thinking about it. Every noise makes me jump, its dreadful.

Gilderoy insists I am safe when I'm with him, but knowing his past history with spells, I'm not so confident. At least he makes me laugh. (Even if its unintentionally.) Laughing helps me forget things.

I'm wondering if all these things may be connected to the diary thief/spell caster and if I should report it to Dumbledore. I think I should... I just need to figure out a gameplan.

Not only do I need to figure out a gameplan, but I also need to talk to Snape about that blasted student of his, clean up my office (Its been Beaned upon) and get this diary in check. Not to mention remove the nasty looking licorice stains from its cover. Ugh! I hate licorice!

Well... All in good time.

Speaking of time, I think it is time for me to snuggle down for yet another sleepless night.

There will certainly be some under-the-bed surveillance tonight...

No comments: