Friday, July 28, 2006

November 23rd

Mood - Cold and miserable... Bah!

(Note to self:
Hufflepuff's are prone to bouts of incessant whining.)


Hmph. Hufflepuffs. All they ever seem to do is whine. I just don't get them! Maybe I seem to bring out the worst in them or something. Mind you, I HAVE been feeling groggy myself lately. Perhaps its one of those contagious periods of gloom.

I won't go into what the silly Hufflepuff wanted to talk to me about, as it would, quite frankly, bore you to sodding tears. I was happy when they finally up and left so I could eat my lemon cheesecake... They had been in my office for two and a half yawn-inducing hours!

Then, who should poke their head round the door but that obnoxious little bugger Draco Malfoy. He thought it would be funny to just prance his way around my office and pick up everything in sight offering his opinion. Naturally, I asked what on earth he wanted, but he didn't respond. He had obviously just stopped by to stir thing up. He had heard that I was quite angry with him about his behavior towards the other students and, I think, this must have been his way of 'getting one over on me' or something daft.

I must have sat there with the biggest frown on my face. Then, to my horror, what should he find underneath a book on the table? Gilderoy's handkerchief! Of course, he just looked at me waving it around. I just growled at him and told him to give it back, but the little bugger ran off waving it triumphantly above his head laughing in an evil manner.

I just sat back in my seat. I was far to tired and cranky to care at that point and to top it all off the weather had decided to make a very fast turn around and it was icy cold and raining!

Well, that was it. I'd had enough. I just shut up my office and stormed out into the great hall. Little did I know things were about to get even MORE cringeworthy.

Two Slytherin students were doing impressions of me and Gilderoy while Draco waved the handkerchief around!

I thanked the gods about a thousand times when Snape arrived and shouted at them all. Only thing was, he got hold of the handkerchief. He stood there looking at it a while, then looked up and nodded a hello at me before turning on his heels and walking off. I expected a bit more of a reaction, but it seemed he didn't know where they had got the item from. I was safe for a little while at least.

After eating something I went back to my office and saw two Gryffindor lads, then in the evening after tea Gilderoy came to check up on me. He peered round the door and grinned an overly enthusiastic smile coupled with a cheeky little giggle. Lord knows what was up with him. Maybe he'd been at the firewhiskey again or something...

Sat and talked a little while, then he decided to head to bed. Had an early class the following morning and we both needed our sleep.

That's when it hit me. Me... Alone in my room... I was simply petrified. (Not literally thankfully.)

That's why my writing looks a bit off. My hands are shaking.

Well, I better get some rest if I can... Night!

No comments: